The Tech Hubs system is an financial enhancement initiative to travel engineering- and innovation-centric expansion that leverages current R&D strengths and know-how demonstration and deployment capacities (community and personal) within a location to catalyze the creation of excellent positions for American employees at all talent concentrations equitably and inclusively.
The Tech Hubs application was enacted as element of the CHIPS and Science Act of 2022 (as the Regional Know-how and Innovation Hubs plan), and Congress appropriated EDA $500 million for it as portion of the FY 2023 Omnibus Appropriations Invoice.
This new authority makes it possible for EDA to:
- designate Tech Hubs,
- award funding for Tech Hubs tactic progress (i.e., planning and capacity building), and
- award funding for Tech Hubs method implementation (i.e., initiatives),
topic to constraints and targets outlined in depth in the comprehensive textual content of the statute.
EDA Seeks Input for Tech Hubs Plan
On February 14, 2023, EDA issued a Tech Hubs Ask for for Info (RFI) in the Federal Sign-up to solicit general public enter about the program layout, structure, and evaluation of the Tech Hubs software.
Via this RFI, EDA seeks input in quite a few parts, including but not limited to information and facts on:
- structuring a Tech Hubs plan that will speed up areas evolution into a international leader in an field of the long run that strengthens the area and U.S. economic and national stability
- figuring out metrics for evaluation of successful Tech Hubs
- designing a aggressive, inclusive and accessible collection procedure for Tech Hub designations that would the two assist vital technological innovation and innovation sectors, as perfectly as geographic diversity and
- identifying how federal designations and federal grants can be structured to increase the ideal impacts of the Tech Hubs system.
Although this RFI specifically seeks input on these and other topics, EDA welcomes all responses that stakeholders think will guidance the improvement of a robust Tech Hubs software.
Responses are owing by 5 p.m. Jap Time on March 16, 2023. Responses may be right submitted by way of e mail to [email protected] with “Tech Hubs RFI” in the subject matter line. Comprehensive facts on responding can be found in the Federal Register.
Press Launch: U.S. Department of Commerce Seeks General public Input on New Tech Hubs Plan
Reality Sheet: Tech Hubs (PDF)
FAQ: Tech Hubs and Recompete Pilot Systems