WASHINGTON – These days, the U.S. Environmental Defense Agency (EPA) declared $2,497,134 in investigation funding for 25 modest corporations to build systems that address some of our most urgent environmental problems. Assignments include things like technologies for detecting methane emissions, procedures to extend the shelf lifetime of foodstuff and lower food items squander, software package methods to improve recycling and resources management, and a drinking water sampling unit to detect the existence of PFAS.
“Congratulations to these small businesses for spurring innovation with their enjoyable tips,” reported EPA Assistant Administrator for the Business of Investigation and Growth Chris Frey. “We are energized to see how they establish their systems as they handle significant environmental concerns.”
These awards are aspect of EPA’s Modest Business Innovation Research (SBIR) application which runs an yearly, two-stage opposition for funding. The 25 little companies beneath are acquiring up to $100,000 in Period I funding for 6 months for “proof of concept” of their proposed technologies. Companies that total Phase I can then implement to obtain Stage II funding of up to $400,000 to further develop and commercialize their engineering.
SBIR Section I winners and their proposed systems are underneath:
- Beta Analytic (Miami, Fla.) to develop a novel system to trace fugitive sources of methane in atmospheric gasoline mixtures.
- Can I Recycle This, Inc. (Athens, Ga.) to develop a round financial system remedy that provides authentic-time, geospatial elements restoration information.
- Censys Systems Company (Daytona Seaside, Fla.) to establish an ground breaking process for remote sensing of fugitive methane.
- Town of Roses Disposal and Recycling, Inc. (Portland, Ore.) to acquire a true-time recycling inventory aggregation and administration software package for development and demolition waste.
- Cleaned and Eco-friendly, LLC (Indian Springs Village, Ala.) to establish ann improved performance poultry litter-dependent fertilizer that is value-helpful and environmentally helpful.
- Aquarius Programs (North Prairie, Wis.) to acquire an in-water collection and elimination device to seize floating debris.
- EIC Laboratories, Inc. (Norwood, Mass.) to acquire a novel technique for speedy, on-web site assessment of h2o quality.
- Without end Analytical Solutions, Inc. (South Bend, Ind.) to develop a rapid, discipline-deployable drinking water sampling gadget to evaluate PFAS.
- GoodGames (Freeport, Maine) to build a social networking platform to assistance develop group resilience to disasters, threats, and excessive temperature.
- HJ Science & Engineering, Inc. (San Leandro, Calif.) to produce a transportable, on-web page technology to detect PFAS in advanced water environments.
- Hydrova Inc. (San Diego, Calif.) to create a novel system for entire useful resource recovery and hydrogen peroxide creation from secondary aluminum processing waste.
- Imvela Corp (Brooklyn, N.Y.) to build a novel, organic component that lessens microbial spoilage and extends shelf lifestyle of contemporary fruit.
- Iterant, Inc. (Berkeley, Calif.) to create an online platform for regional plastic packaging reuse programs.
- J-Tech LLC (Lakewood, Colo.) to build a septic tank technologies that permits lower-expense, sustainable disinfection of wastewater for on-web page non-potable reuse.
- Kamilo, Inc. (San Francisco, Calif.) to create a digital verification system to confirm the share of recycled content material in goods to progress plastic circularity.
- Mesa Photonics, LLC (Santa Fe, N.M.) to acquire a methane monitoring network for continual measurement of methane emissions.
- Optimized Thermal Devices, Inc. (Beltsville, Md.) to improve a device for improved recovery of a refrigerant with significant world warming possible.
- LeapFrog Structure (Bend, Ore.) to build a modular ecological drinking water procedure procedure for onsite seize and non-potable reuse from solitary-loved ones residences.
- Seacoast Science, Inc. (Carlsbad, Calif.) to develop a totally automatic analyzer to check air toxics in indoor areas.
- Sporian Microsystems, Inc. (Lafayette, Colo.) to build a high-speed, minimal-price imaging program for enhanced identification of microplastics.
- Ourobio (Charlottesville, Va.) to generate sustainable indigoid dyes and bioplastics employing byproducts of dairy processing
- UES, Inc. (Dayton, Ohio) to develop an impressive air harmful monitoring program for community-amount monitoring.
- VISIMO, LLC (Coraopolis, Pa.) to create a machine discovering toolkit for screening investigate posted exterior of commercial or academic publishing to improve systematic opinions for chemical danger assessment.
- Wisely, Inc. (Wilmington, N.C.) to acquire a wise food items storage system to lessen residence foods waste by enabling customers to track perishables.
- Zabble Inc. (Walnut Creek, Calif.) to acquire an synthetic intelligence-dependent tagging system for contamination monitoring audits to improve recycling.
Study additional about the winning providers.
Find out extra about EPA’s SBIR application.